Saturday 4 October 2014

Seasonal changes.

I'd like to welcome autumn to da house!!  The skies are blue, the sun is shining, and the wind is blowing!  With this change my bedroom gardening season is rearing to end for my summer plants.

- I still have some tomatoes that are staying strong with fruits ripening up.  Some of the tomato plants would look really really naked if it wasn't for a couple of wilting leaves and a few ripening tomatoes.  But that is all part of its course, plants grow, ripen and die to make space for next season's plants.  Here are some tomatoes I harvested a couple of days ago.  Kumato (top left), cherry (top and bottom right) and tiger stripe (bottom left).

- There are a couple of plants that are not rearing to an end.  Those are my serrano chili plants.  One is even starting to flower and everyone knows what that means!!!  Potential chili peppers!!!!

- Even my kohlrabi's are still holding on!  They didn't end up growing into actual kohlrabi's.  I think it's because I haven't put them in a pot big enough.  They are in a hanging basket and the stems are a beautiful foggy purple colour, and that's why I won't get rid of them...because they are pretty!

- Here is a distant view of my garden window.  You can see I have significantly less plants.  One of the reasons gardening is so wonderful is that you really can see and feel the seasons changing with your fingers if you don't otherwise. 

- For a finishing touch, here's a picture of me in my favourite place.  Of course you know it...Tempelhof!  A couple of weeks ago there were hay bails all over the field.  They had stacked some of them into pyramids, which we used as jumping platforms!!!  It was so much fun at the time...until I got home and my whole body was an itchy mess!!

Anyways, thanks for reading...and I wish you all the very best of the start of autumn.
Autumnal ..love..

No comments:

Post a Comment