Sunday 15 June 2014

Pillow Clouds.

After last week's heatwave this week has felt a little bit colder with quite a few storms that brought in a real chilliness with them.  Although this evening was a super mild and beautiful evening.

-  Let me begin with my nasturtiums.  Their stalks are just going crazy, growing wild twists and turns in all directions.  I had to take a photo of it from below as the leaves are pointing down.  It worked quite well I think.

My nasturtiums look good, but I went for a walk in the Comenius Garden today and all the nasturtiums there are already blooming.  I cant wait for mine to bloom so that I can make some nice salads with the nice orange blossoms.

-  Look my tomatoes got bigger!

-  So I've started taking pictures of balconies around Berlin that I see and like the look of.  Especially in the summer you can see greenery sprouting from even the tiniest balcony here.  Some are more intriguing than others of course.  And some are just absolutely wild.  Like this one that I found whilst cycling around Neukölln yesterday.  These lilies are in danger of falling off of the balcony.  They are absolutely huge...I don't mean to toot my own horn but I really really love everything about this photograph.  The second balcony photo I took today also in Neukölln.  Also of plants that are hanging over the edge of the balcony.  Not as wild and crazy as the lilies but still very interesting textures peeking over the side.  I think the leaves on the right are belonging to some courgette or cucumber plants. 
(contrast and Instagram filter Rise)

(contrast and Instagram filter Rise)
-  This evening as I was going for a little stroll, I found out that yesterday and today were the open garden days in Potsdam and Berlin.  And I missed it!  I did manage to do a short visit to a small garden here in Rixdorf.  I had no idea that the alleys I went down actually led somewhere.  I totally forgot that I was in Berlin.  That one little alley has the view and the feeling of a small village somewhere in the countryside.  Wow.

That's all for now guys.  Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a great week.
..love..

No comments:

Post a Comment